#article370scrapped #JammuAndKashmir #historicdecision
Jammu and Kashmir is an integral part of India. Indian government has left no stone unturned to make promises into reality. 5th August 2019 came out as the climax to all the suspense created by the turmoil in Jammu and Kashmir. Home Minister, Shri Amit Shah came out with the historic and most awaited decision of scrapping article 370 and 35A.
What are the decisions taken by government to scrap Article 370?
- Jammu and Kashmir is no more a state. It has been made into a Union Territory with legislative assembly.
- Ladakh is bifurcated out from Jammu and Kashmir into the new Union Territory.
Complete Text of the Presidential Order Scrapping Article 370.
President’s order on Article 370
The following Order made by the President is published for general information
THE CONSTITUTION (APPLICATION TO JAMMU AND KASHMIR) ORDER, 2019
In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (1) of Article 370 of the Constitution, the President, with the concurrence of the Government of State of Jammu and Kashmir, is pleased to make the following Order:
1. (1) This Order may be called the Constitution Application to Jammu and Kashmir) Order, 2019.
(2) It shall come into force at once, and shall thereupon supersede the Constitution (Application to Jammu and Kashmir) Order, 1954 as amended from time to time.
2. All the provisions of the Constitution, as amended from time to time, shall apply in relation to the State of Jammu and Kashmir and the exceptions and modifications subject to which they shall so apply shall be as follows: To article 367, there shall be added the following clause, namely:”(4) For the purposes of this Constitution as it applies in relation to the State of Jammu and Kashmir
(a) references to this Constitution or to the provisions thereof shall be construed as references to the Constitution or the provisions thereof as applied in relation to the said State:
(b) references to the person for the time being recognized by the President on the recommendation of the Legislative Assembly of the State as the Sadar-i-Riyasat of Jammu and Kashmir, acting on the advice of the Council of Ministers of the State for the time being in office, shall be construed as references to the Governor of Jammu and Kashmir:
(c) references to the Government of the said State shall be construed as including references to the Governor of Jammu and Kashmir acting on the advice of his Council of Ministers, and
(d) in the proviso to clause (3) of Article 370 of this Constitution, the expression “Constituent Assembly of the State referred to in clause (2)” shall read “Legislative Assembly of the State”.”
What will change after Article 370 is scrapped?
- All the provisions of Indian Constitution shall be applicable to the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- No dual citizenship
- Central laws can directly apply to Jammu and Kashmir.
- No separate constitution of Jammu and Kashmir.
- No separate laws for J&K.
- Centre can declare financial emergency under article 360
- No two Flags.
- Elections every 5 years.
- Indian citizen from other states can buy land and property in J&K.
- Police will be managed by the centre.